How to Kill Time the Fruitful Way

In those rare moments that I actually have time for myself, I end up staring blankly, not knowing what to do first. 

Now really, how do you kill time?

Here's my way:

1. Read a book. 
Immersing in a new world, wandering through another character - always a good use of your time. Set aside that question of what to read or whether  you'll actually finish it within your free time. Just pick that paperback, and start flipping those pages. 

2. Listen (or sing-along) to those songs. 
Whatever mood you are in, there's always a song to get you through or with it! Every time. So go on and make your own moment's Soundtrack. 
P.S. Great thanks to 8tracks for feeding my moody self, when the radio has killed my brains, playing the same songs over and over again.

3. Meditate. 
Breathe in. Breathe out. Listen to your mind. And then clear your mind. Do some yoga. Do nothing. However you want to do it, meditate. 


4. Let your mind wander. 
What I'd love to do when I'm itching to be someplace else, and can't? I let my mind wander.
Research. Read through blogs. Make yourself an itinerary as if you are really going there. Write it down. Picture yourself sitting by the coastline with your persons, a drink in hand, waiting for the most beautiful sunset. Yes, attract all those good vibes and the Universe shall answer. 

5. Do some chores. 
I don't know with you, but cleaning and doing the laundry, and cooking, are actually such good time-killers and stress-relievers for me. Oh, that smell of freshness and that aroma of a good home-cooked meal spell out an awesome timeScratch out ironing, and I'll do just fine. 

Kisses. Hugs. And let's waste time while being productive, somehow :)

Comments

Popular Posts