August Gladness and Grief

August of the year 2010 has absolutely been a month-extraordinaire. This month, I have been in situations that placed my emotions to extremes.

Week one wasn't that mind-bugging just yet. It was like warming up to prevent afterpains. Nothing to be taken that seriously, nothing that was supposed to keep my mind working at sleep, and not functioning well when awake.We had issues to attend to but it wasn't until the end of the week that I had to take into account a lot of things already.

Before I got the big news, my homies and I made an über crazy, spontaneous decision of a one day - make that 10 hours - visit to Manila. And there it all started. The very unpredictable highs and lows of my August: Pa had a new diagnosis, Tiny surprisingly came home, pa got really sick and another diagnosis at that, and then another day to celebrate love and happiness, days to spend with friends,some serious good news received (though it's not perfectly good for the primary people involved), working without sleep, going out without any rest, traveling to Manila straight from stressful workdays and going back to Cebu straight to work, visiting papsie in the hospital and taking care of him controlling myself with all my might from just crying and breaking down, meeting THE other family, spending days with alternate 3 hours sleep and 36 hours of being awake.

And then here I am. Breathing. Still feeling lucky and blessed for all there is. Feeling all the pain and happiness one can feel all at the same time and managing not to burst.

What more surprises are in store for me? How much more complicated can this month end for me?

Oh my God, bless us.

Comments

Popular Posts