Let It Be

Speaking words of wisdom: let it be. 

I just watched the Carpool Karaoke with Paul McCartney, and oh, my heart!

I’m honestly not in a good place right now, my mind’s been everywhere, and when it decides to pause, it chooses to dwell in those little dark corners that were meant to be shut tight. I’m helping myself out of here, with my Constants’ push and strength and being, but it has gotten to the point of physical symptoms. 

But... 23 minutes of YouTube has got me stirred up. Emotions came crashing in. I was crying and smiling and hurting in this terrifying but also crazy and inspiring way. The kind wherein sadness, and pain, and anger are washed away (hopefully not so fleetingly), and for the first time in a long time, I allowed myself to be hopeful. To believe that I can be better. I allowed myself to re-establish that connection to the stronger, hopeful, vibrant me. 

Hopefully, not so fleetingly, I say, as just a few minutes after that Carpool Karaoke, while I was listening to some more Beatles, my mind went haywire and my stomach with it. Now, I’m left with a tummy that’s acting up and not letting me sleep, and a mind that’s playing tug-of-war. 

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night / Take these broken wings and learn to fly / All your life / You were only waiting for this moment to arise"

But really, please just spare 23 minutes of your time to watch James Corden’s Carpool Karaoke featuring Paul McCartney. (you’ve already spent afew precious minutes in this page anyway (and thanks!)) Truly a joy! Those songs still warm my heart, still too powerful they haven’t aged. 

Kisses. Hugs. "And any time you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain / Don't carry the world upon your shoulders / For well, you know that it's a fool who plays it cool / By making his world a little colder"

*I cannot stop crying!!!*

Comments

Popular Posts