Keeping Very Still

...Something that was a little difficult for me.

I went on undertime yesterday and then filed for medical leave for today. I went to the insurance company (Maxicare), and then off to Perpetual Succour Hospital to be scheduled for a CT-scan. Fortunately, I was scheduled for 1pm, so I just waited there for 30minutes, with my mom, and a book. :)

Time flew, the clock ticked one. I was led to the room for the scan, was asked for complaints, and a little history. Then, I lay down on a narrow examining table that gets you in and out of the equipment, my head was positioned, and I was asked to stay still. I did as I was told, then I listened and watched as the machine (whatever you call it) worked: Red light on, a tube with x-ray detectors rotating around my head, hearing nothing but the sound of it made me uncomfortable. And it stopped, I was moved a little out of the equipment, and thinking that it was done, I moved my legs, and wiggled my toes. Oooooopppppsss!! I wasn't supposed to move yet, it was not yet done. So I was moved a little to the inside again, and it scanned again, and then at last, it was done. The procedure, Computed Tomography Scan of the Brain - Plain, took less than ten minutes.

Only complaint: Chronic Headache --- intolerable, despite of the very high pain threshold.

Result? I have to wait for it until tomorrow late afternoon. tsk

Comments

  1. tsktsk. pretty kewl and scary exp. lets keep crossing our fingers for d results. my prayers are with you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts