Doctors and Drugs

Yesterday, I got to see another Eye-Ear-Nose-Throat Doctor for a second opinion since the first ENT I consulted with just gave me ophthalmic drops for allergic rhinitis. So this second doctor diagnosed me with Astigmatism once again, and suggested that I get corrective eyeglasses. I had my first pair during my first year of high school, and I dismissed the thought of needing them. Maybe I should really get a new pair this time, and not be stubborn at that. tsk.

I also went to see a Neurologist this morning to show her that my CT scan results were unremarkable (meaning, all normal :)), and tell her that my headaches are worsening. As expected, there's no other diagnosis that these headaches can lead to but Migraine. Last time I consulted her, she told me to take Depakote, a medication for prophylaxis(prevention) of Migraine, but primarily for seizure and bipolar disorders. I didn't take it until today because I was really scared of the possible side effects. Aside from the common possible side effects like depression, hallucination, it can also affect your pregnancy, and your future baby. I'm not going to write the terms here though, it scares me that if I put it to writing, it might actually happen. I pray not, because I'm already taking them.

When I got home a little after lunchtime, I was trying all possible means to divert my attention from the pain. My mom gave me a little head massage (thanks Ma :)), I tried that certain technique wherein you imagine to take hold of all the pain and let it all out (did not work for me), I watched Gossip Girl (good diversion for a while, but it got worse after just one episode). I was also prescribed with much stronger pain killers for Migraine if it's intolerable; and it's not just any over the counter drug. I took it, it's called Avamigran. AND I dozed off with my first dose. It did not actually relieve me, not yet. It just controlled the headache. I hope this won't make me too dependent to this medication, or to any other medication prescribed for me if I observe and confirm that I'm feeling better.

I hope all pain would just go away. :(

Comments

Popular Posts