Inbetweener

I have this person in me who always gets in between people in conflicts. That person trying to make things right for them, trying to hear out all sides, all aspects of the situation, trying to make things better, trying too hard to have those involved feel okay because there's someone who can cushion things up a bit.

And maybe I got it wrong. Maybe I shouldn't be doing that anymore, maybe I shouldn't try too hard in helping them out. Because along the way, I get torn, and confused, and at the end, I'd be the bad guy.

Just because I was in between. Just because I was trying to be as neutral as possible. Just because I tried too much not to hurt them. So now, I'm gonna try not to be in that place anymore.

Too much of a change for someone who was always that person, but I'm going to really try.

Comments

Popular Posts