Thank God it's Friday on a Thursday

29 November 2012

Winter has finally come to Dubai, and even with the cool wind and the cloudy days, rain is never expected. Not this afternoon, though! Fortunately for me, after more than a year in the deserts, I got to walk in the rain!

(Thursday comes before Friday, but my blog is all messed up so you might already know that it flooded the day after this.) 


With just a month between this Thursday and the day we're gonna be flying back to Cebu for a vacation, we had lots of to-dos and to-buys to scratch out on our list. So we went out on a cold, lazy afternoon and ran off to our errrrands: Travel Agency - House of Prose - Magrudy's - Sports House - Brands for Less - Carrefour... The list goes on. 

Anyway, before I get sidetracked to what I bought where (which I'd really wanna share, but it would be just like ranting, so I'd rather not), here's where we chilled and ate our hearts out before the second half of our errands day. TGIFriday's on a Thursday. 




We were seriously starving! I don't know with you, but this cold weather surely does make me wanna eat like every second. Hah! And well, yes, it was dark and very rarely do I use the flash, thus the photos. tsk.




And believe me when I say I eat big, because I really do! I was craving for my mother's baby back ribs or Casa Verde's for the longest time, and after a year, I ended up with Friday's instead. It was good, but not nearly as delicious as my mother's :p The beef was also a little too fatty. Still, I did finish my platter, and had a couple of bites from the burger. Haha! 


After filling our tummies, we were on to our walking in the rain part :) 

Beautiful day to splurge! I spent more for myself because I couldn't find those precious Christmas gifts. Well, well... Better luck next time, eh?

How has your Christmas shopping gone so far? And oh, I hope you're all safe and dry there in the Philippines... 

Comments

Popular Posts