In a Daze

I have always hated monotony, but it seems that routine has been my friend these days. The not caring and not thinking me is sitting in a dark, silent corner somewhere far away, tortured by thoughts, trying to contemplate on the life she had and the life she wants to have, leaving me in a daze. Leaving me almost lifeless.

The young, carefree, adventurous one has been missing for months now. Time and circumstances have made me all grown-up. But sometimes I wonder, what if I stop caring? What if I just stop being the all-responsible one? If only someone can take my place in this world, and take all the load off my shoulder. But nobody can. Nobody will.

And that leaves me with the here and now. And all the thoughts that I cannot unthink. Not even if I torture myself with work 16 hours a day.

I want to live wild and free. But I can never.

And lines and wrinkles will just keep on forming. So I will keep smiling.

Comments

Popular Posts