The Love for Dancing

Dancing has been one of my favorite things. When I was a little girl, I was enrolled in ballet class, and up until now, I still remember how I was taught and praised by our instructor. I can still remember how I can lay down on my tummy and have my toes reach my chin, how I can tumble, and split, and back-bend - without breaking a bone, without caring about the cramps afterwards. 

Yes, I can still remember my bright yellow tutu, and my pastel pink ballerina flats. I can still remember how my mom ponytails my hair every day in class, and buns my hair neatly and tightly during recitals and presentations.

But I gave that up. I can't remember why. 

Fortunately, there was school. Choreography clubs, Pop Jazz dances during Intramurals, and some other extracurricular events where I could dance. And I loved it all the more. I was never good at it, I just loved doing it. 

Today, I danced for half an hour, unable to master the art of mirroring. This Dance Central 2 has been a good friend to me, helping me rekindle my passion. The first time I danced with it, it saved me from knocking myself out, or locking myself in the room.

18 years have passed and I can still clearly picture myself tiptoeing and turning around from one corner of the dance studio to the other. I had this goal, and I had my eyes on it, and I got there without losing my sight, without losing my balance. I didn't know or care if someone was watching me. And in the end, my mom's applause was always the best. Next is snacks, of course :)

I will always love dancing. It won't love me back, but that's fine by me :) 


Comments

Popular Posts