On One Tree Hill's Ending

Yes, One Tree Hill ended. With all those years I've spent crying and smiling and giggling, until the last second, it felt wrong to let go. I kept falling in love with the show, with the characters. I hated those who messed with the relationships and the careers and what-not. It even feels like I grew up with the series.

And it was heartbreaking. Even more heartbreaking to know that there's no next episode to look forward to anymore.

It never failed to give me goosebumps, every episode, up to the last one. Especially the part when they all sang to Gavin DeGraw's I Don't Want To Be. Aaahhh! I feel like my heart is being crumpled. It's a nice happy-ever-after for everyone. But I just wish Lucas and Peyton were there to end it perfectly.

... ... ...

It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you’re seventeen and planning for someday. And then quietly and without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And that someday is yesterday. And this is your life. We spend so much time wanting, pursuing, wishing - but ambition is good, chasing things with integrity is good, dreaming. If you had a friend you knew you’d never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be? Say it, do it. Don’t wait. Nothing lasts forever. Make a wish, place it in your heart. Anything you want, everything you want. Do you have it? Good, now believe it can come true. You never know where the next miracle is going to come from, the next memory, the next smile, the next wish come true. But, if you believe that it’s right around the corner, and you open your heart and mind to the possiblity of it, to the certainty of it, you just might get the thing you wished for. The world is full of magic, you just have to believe in it. So make your wish, do you have it? Good. Now believe in it with all your heart.
... ... ...

I will always come back to this series. Along with it came a lot of memories, both good and bad. From cutting classes to have series marathons, to alone-time watching to get me through insomniac nights, to re-watching seasons over and over with whoever wants to, I never got bored. And I might never.


Endings, letting go - I'm never good with them.

Bittersweet.

Comments

Popular Posts