Invincible

Yes. Today, I feel invincible. With roughly 3 hours of a good night's sleep, I had to start my day unusually early. The cousin-in-law flew back here and I had to get to the airport by 4:30 am in time for her arrival. We waited at the airport for quite a while, but there is definitely nothing that I can fuss about. When she got here and opened her luggage, almost half of the baggage was actually for me! Thank you, ate Ems! :D


Yes, I'm spoiled like that, that the mother has to send me some baby stuffs, clothes and FOOD like I'm in some Daycare or Summer Boot Camp (some four thousand miles away). And hurray! Ma's lasagna is la-la-love.


After 8 months of being away from home, I felt trully resurrected just having that meal cooked by the mother. Oh, heaven! I was super happy, and at the same time heartbroken that I wasn't able to get back to sleep before I had to prep for work.

And just when the alarm buzzed, I took a beautiful nap, dreaming that ma's here with me, or I was there with her. And I didn't want to wake up. But obligations were there, and I had to abide by them. So I hurriedly showered and head to work - late. 

Work today was demanding. On my way home past one in the afternoon, the sun was tortuous and I didn't have an umbrella. And just when I thought that things will be better, the bus zoomed when I was running out of the metro station, and I had to wait for much longer. And I was hungry. Surprisingly, none of those ruined my mood. 

Right now, I'm writing this in a professional salon. I had my appointment for some hair color by L'Oreal experts, and since I'm the last one on the list on their last day, products ran out so they won't be able to do my hair. Talk about luck. Okay, I'm really sad about it,  but just not enough to turn my whole day around. No. 

I'm so happy and all hyped up! I feel so loved and blessed despite myself. And I will forever be grateful. 

How I wish I could be positive like this everyday. How I wish I could see all the good things even when the worst happens.

As the brother says, "accept the bad, appreciate the good that comes along with it", or something in that context. 

Anyway, I hope you had a nice day too. And remember, you've got a lot to be thankful for :)

Comments

Popular Posts