On Dad's Day

Just a few days ago, I got some really not good news about my father. And then some more heartbreaking words that my father would want to tell us. By this bridge I don't know if I could fully trust.

And I've had a few minutes talk with my Pa every now and then. And just today, hearing his voice crumpled my heart. And yes, I am sad. I am scared. And I am in pain. But I know this weight I'm carrying is nothing compared to his.

If only I could do anything to make him feel better, to take away his pain, to cure him, to make him happy. But I couldn't. And that fact hurts me more. If only.

My God, hear my plea. Everyday, I ask you of this, and I've been claiming this since the very first day. Heal my papa, oh Lord.

I know my father's Father's Day isn't happy today. But I hope he's smiling. If not because of us, let it be for anything in the world. Happy Father's Day, Pa.

I love you. Always. And I'd always be proud and grateful and blessed, because you are my father.

And Happy Father's Day to the Almighty Father above.

Comments

Popular Posts