Rise and Run

Rest day Fridays are supposed to be run days for us. But since I just recovered from a severe back pain, we had to postpone and postpone. Until today, finally, there were no more excuses. Or if you really think about it, the Ramadan would be a huge reason not to jog since we can't be seen drinking water in public! We had to actually be home to eat or drink. But that did not stop us today. 

5:30 am. Good morning, sunshine! 


Creek side sunrise.


Can you see the little bird?



The sunrise and such beautiful clouds. Lamp post. Tall buildings. A crow. 

And pigeons and the smell of salt water. Yes, there's something there that takes me to another place and time. 

And beautiful trees.

What a wonderful world!

And so I started running. Since I'm definitely not a runner, and I am probably still asthmatic, after a quick 10-minute jog, I am out of breath. So I walked. And then jogged again. And then everything became blurry, and I ran out of air. So I just walked until the finish line. So instead of all of us running home, we had to just walk, and we ended up taking the bus! haha

Fail! I'm sorry, I told you I should just be left alone with a camera and some music blasting my ears until you finish you're run! But it feels good to sweat it out and push yourself beyond the limits. But not take it way beyond. Or they might have to carry me home. 

Next time, we'll see what I can do :) 

P.S.
Ramadan Kareem! 


Comments

Popular Posts