Looking Back

So I'm busying myself with Grey's Anatomy.

This was one of my favorite TV series, and being at home most of the time last week for "pain" reasons, I got the time to catch up. Yes, I gave it up years ago, and I remember why.

After I finished my 4 years of College, I wanted to pursue Medicine. Well, this isn't my field really. Since I was a little girl, I wanted to be that Accountant-Lawyer. And then I figured I also wanted to be an Engineer, most probably Chemical. But then I was dragged into Nursing.

And yes, I fell in love. I loved how amazing it is knowing all those things, and how fulfilling it is to be of service! No it wasn't an easy road to take, but I loved every step. So I wanted to go on and be a Doctor. But for undeniable reasons, I cannot continue schooling. So I took the Nursing Licensure, and focused on that career path.

I still remember getting the Dengue Fever, and having one doctor talk me into pursuing Medicine. It got me thinking seriously. But then I know I had to drop every dream I had and prioritize.

I gave up my wanting to be a Doctor. And that's when I stopped watching Grey's and House.

I got into the Call Center Industry. And then I so much wanted to be a Nurse again, and I thank my parents for giving me that chance. But then things got all complicated and difficult, that I had to give up my being a Nurse in my country, and leave.

Now I'm in another country, and shooing all thoughts of Medicine. I don't even want to consider taking the Nursing Board here. Well, maybe I should. Shouldn't I? I really don't know anymore.

I forgot all about myself, and always put my family first. Yes, I'm that kind of person. And I still am. And maybe I'm also that kind of person who goes all chicken in pursuing dreams.

Oh, I seriously need some help here.

Or not. I'll just busy myself again with Grey's and forget all about myself. I'm good with that. 

Comments

Popular Posts