Day Trip to Pompeii and Positano

Pompeii, Sorrento, Positano - 04 August 2016

The beach, beautiful colors, a taste of history, good food, and lovely company - what more can you ask for?

We booked a day tour from Rome with Walks of Italy, and it was one of the highlights of our Eurotrip. From the buried city of Pompeii, a drive through Sorrento, and late lunch in the amazing town of Positano in the Amalfi Coast. I still get shivers thinking about this experience.



We met with the Walks of Italy group at the Piazza Repubblica, and were off to a drive to the buried city of Pompeii. It meant long walks around the ruins, and history lessons on how cities were back then. The sun was unforgiving, there were flocks of tourists, and our feet were giving up on us, which makes us unable to focus on our history class. hmp. We made a mental note to watch the 2014 film Pompeii to make up for it(and we did watch it, few days after being back from the trip :).  

And the beauty of being in group tours? You get to take a nap in the van as they'll take care of getting you where you should be next. So yes, we were nodding off most of the drive! I tried to open my eyes to scenic views, I did try so hard. haha No worries though, they'll wake you up to ask you to look out the window, and they'll even tell you where you could take good shots with amazing backdrops. So Sorrento it was! Ooooohhh, I'm going back for you! I think I'd love to stay off the city centers next time. I've learned that I wanna be a laid back, chill type of traveler, rather than be everywhere and just have bits of things. 

Pompeii's rich, painful history, the charm of Positano, the glorious view of Sorrento, the amazing staff of Walks of Italy - this tour was worth every penny. Pastel colored houses, Limoncello and gelato along the way, the BEST Margherita I've had in my whole life (in Chez Black Positano), and the feels of Greece all over again in our quick walk along the Marina Grande Beach, Positano. My eyes were heartshaped and thumping the whole time. While my heart was just feeling so full and blessed.

Kisses. Hugs. And till next time, Amalfi Coast!

Comments

Popular Posts