Faith or Hypocrisy (Or No, I'm Moving on to my Fictions)

On reading Jean Sasson's Princess: A True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia... A sad story of Sultana, a Princess with all the wealth and time in the world, but no right to her own life.

Firstly, I do question the use of abaayas and veils and all that, and sometimes even see it as hypocrisy. I understand it's part of the culture and the religion, but I'm not for it. Not a bit. Because for one, there are a lot of those covering every inch of skin, but their actions and words are inappropriate, almost uneducated and low class. And I hate the thought of that. I hate that they say their prayers without missing a schedule, and they think that all their misdoings are already forgiven as long as they have prayed for the sin. Ugh. And they call non-Muslims non-believers! Sigh. Faith in God shouldn't be religion-based. I hope they see that each one is unique, but all of us are equals.

Being in a Muslim country is not at all easy. Though Dubai is a free city, there are seriously a lot of restrictions. Decent clothes and actions are a must. Even tourists are bound by these rules, so the comfort of shorts and tank tops is impossible here. Well, I do bend the rules :))

The story is eye-opening and depressing at the same time. Importantly, it makes me grateful that I was born this way, free and loved.

As for my reading list, I don't think I'm reading the rest of the books in the series anytime soon. There are hilarious kicks and happy things, but mostly, the plot sucks the life out of me. So I'm moving on to my fictions! :)

How about you? What are you reading right now?

Comments

Popular Posts