Holy Spontaneity

The Lenten Season does not really bring out my spiritual side. It has been a couple of years that I missed Visita Iglesia, and the Stations of the Cross, and it has been 5 years since I last confessed. I don't even practice the no-meat-on-Fridays tradition.

And yesterday, Friday, out of spontaneity, with me in so much an improper attire, we got to have the Stations of the Cross.

From trying to take care of my big sister, I tried to babysit my nieces, and I did not succeed much in both parts. With the former, as I am supposed to help ate bathe a little, I had really bad menstrual cramps (dysmenorrhea), and with the latter, I had my attention on the screen watching Barbie more than me watching over the kids. Oooppps!! Well, that's just me. sorrrrryyyy...

And then Phoebe went to Ate Yahn's place, and brought Toblerone. hahaha (thanks much biang :))

So when my mother got there, the three of us decided to go to 'Langub' to have the Stations. And we did. And I'm glad my angel won over the devil in me.

Up the stairways, across the years-ago-river-now-full-of-trash (poor Mother Earth, poor Us), and inside the cave: La Cueva de Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe. A good place for prayers.

Holy, indeed.

Comments

Popular Posts