Two Negros Occidental Days

To even out all my emotions and thoughts, my mind has traveled miles away while I was seated down, and while the sun was glowing with heat on my window.

And off my body was to the western part of Visayas.

My mom was given the task to get my sister's birth and baptismal certificates in Cadiz City, the place where our eldest was born. And as a person who loves to travel and a person who's more of a bum now, I went with my mom, together with her two sisters.

May 31st 4am.
North bus terminal -- 2.5hour bus ride to Tabuelan -- 2-hour barge ride to Danao City, Negros -- 1.5-hour bus ride to Cadiz City.


The city is a major sugar-producing area. You can actually pass by their sugarcane plantations and their factories for producing and refining sugar, especially the big factory of Lopez Sugar Corporation.
We stayed in my uncle's place, somewhat a challenge for me, but hey, I appreciate the hospitality very much.

I toured the city for half of a day, riding a tricycle the whole time. The place is actually clean, and you can breathe a lot less polluted air as compared to the City of Cebu. It's a less urbanized city.

And during the night, we chilled in their sea front resort, singing the night away...

And a photo of me with my cousins there in Cadiz City.
This was my second time in Cadiz. The first one was when I got to be my cousin's bridesmaid back when I was still in the Senior year of High School.

The next day, we went to Bacolod City to just enjoy another day of unfamiliarity. It's an hour ride from Cadiz City. Now this is more of a city, and with still less pollution at that. It's very peaceful and I got to have the tour in like 6hours, visiting malls - Robinson's Place and SM City Bacolod, and parks, and eating in their famous Chicken House, having less expensive coffee (compared to my usual coffee place, Starbucks)  in a place of ambiance and class - Cafe Bobs, and visiting a really great hotel with a great scene at the rooftop and from the rooftop -  L'Fisher Chalet Tower.

Bacolod City is definitely the City of Smiles :) Thank you to my cousins' aunt for the tour in Bacolod City.

And for the Pasalubong...




Comments

Popular Posts