Where's My Weekend?

Saturday's here, and at the very tick of the second hand to start it, there I was, standing at our front door, staring at it. I just got home by that time, got home from a long 8-hour duty. Make that 10 hours.

I don't loathe my job now, I'm enjoying it, no matter how stressful it gets. A lot of responsibilities, a lot of risks, and a lot of demands from patients whom I don't even know if they are thankful for anything I do for them. And take note, within my 10 hours in the hospital, I don't get one decent meal. But that's not the worst yet, so my arms are wide open to all the worst things that may happen in this being-a-nurse life.

I just really miss having time to go out on Saturday nights, eating anywhere I want to, not minding the time, not needing to get home early that night, or get up early the next day. I miss spending time with my friends, with my family. Moreso, I miss spending time with myself. Just lying down, reading a book, or looking at myself in the mirror for more than a quarter of an hour. I haven't done that for a while now. I miss doing this - Blogging. Writing down whatever comes to mind, not minding what people would think while reading this, not even re-reading to check the grammar or the spelling, or if I make any sense at all.

I miss my lazy Sundays. Waking up late, getting up to have lunch, and then lying down again to just let the day pass. I miss Sundays spent with the family. Church, malls, wherever.

I miss too many things that work has deprived me of. But hey! I still manage to enjoy some restdays, spend time with people who matter most. I still get to read a book, eventhough I don't get to finish it in a day's time, eventhough it takes up to a month to move to another one. I still get to tidy myself up a little, eat and sleep well some days, and mostly, I still have the time to live. Live no matter how time ticks out. Laugh no matter how tired or sad or pissed off I get. And love, despite it all. And I'm thankful that Hope has not given up on me. The sun will always rise. And I'm not giving up on hope too.


Goodnight world. We'll see the light again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts