A Well Balanced Day

Yesterday, 29th of June was a day of good and bad. Or bad and good.

Okay, so here's what happened. Work happened. Being a Nurse happened. And there's no escape to it. I had my first expired patient. A very unexpected, sudden death, of a patient whose family was just preparing to get her out of the hospital. Learning all things to take care of their mother when they get home: suctioning, nasogastric feeding, turning to sides every two hours, oral care, and all sorts of Nursing care. And then suddenly, after the Attending Physician with his residents had their rounds, the patient gave up. We tried to sustain her, but I guess when time calls for you, you definitely have to go, so the family decided not to resuscitate her anymore, and so, she went home to paradise. And being in the same room with a family grieving over their beloved, I felt heart-pierced, I can't help but get all teary-eyed, but I got to get hold of myself, so I did, and I'm kind of proud of myself for that. And I gave my condolences to them afterwards. And I am officially in the Nursing Profession.

And after those stressful full 10 hours of work, I went home, had a nap, which extended up to 7p.m. when someone was waiting for me since 6p.m. wooaaahh!!! I'm so sorry Phoebe Marie. hahaha I  had a quick warm bath, changed to whatever, and headed out. We bought a rushly-chosen but pretty nice gift (I hope the Birthday celebrant liked it), and headed off to Tanyag's place for her birthday dinner. After a festive dinner, and lots of desserts, we went to watch Karate Kid. Last Full Show 9:30p.m. Yey! :) We got there just on time. 

The movie was definitely great. It tells a story of Dre Parker, leaving Detroit for Beijing, and living a whole new life, with no friends, just bullies at school. Until Mr. Han taught him Kung Fu, life went on. 

When life knocks you down, you can choose to get back up.

Definitely a line for my day. And I love it.

Comments

Popular Posts