The World in a Night

When plans are ruined, there's got to be something better in store for you. And yes, there definitely was ;)


13 January 2012 - Global Village

With the long drive and the heavy traffic, I was about to get pissed. But as soon as I saw the rides from afar, I forgot all about my cramping butt cheek and I was all giddy!




The rides. They were pretty pricey and I couldn't just splurge. So we just tried one, the Hangaroo!


After hopping on air like mad, I finally got my share of screams and, uh, dizziness.
Next in line were the games. We tried this one just to get the Stitch stuffed toy :) And after 6 tokens, on our second try, we won! Woohoo!

And then, I just took photos of whatever, and just continued dreaming on.

Vintage black glittery top, Roxy jacket, skirt and black tights from H&M, Aldo boots.

Forgive my fashion sense these days. The winter season has gotten me out of my comfort zone and just mix and match whatever. ;) So I donned my usual style of a top tucked in a skirt, put on some tights, and had this jacket so it wouldn't be too girly. :))

Next, the pavilions. This is what I was talking about when I said the world in a night. It was not only a park of amusement, but it was a village where the whole world meets.




Morocco.

Spain.

India and their uber soft textiles and their super cheap bangles.

Amazing Thailand!
Unfortunately, they ran out of pearl milk teas for us, so we just had tamarinds :)

Pyramids.

Yeah! Man!
I like their pavilion design ;)

Europe.

U.A.E.

Uhm, I forgot. But this was somewhere in Asia.

Pilipinas kong mahal!
Midnight snacks! Tempura, squid rolls, la la love! And then sapin-sapin! Woot!

I miss the Philippines soooo much. :(

We were not able to stroll and visit all the pavilions since it was really getting very late already. Although it was a weekend for the rest of them, I unfortunately do not have a weekend here. As a matter of fact, no rest day for two weeks. So we had to head home at some time past one.

The Global Village opens only like two to three months in a year. And I'm glad I got to be there.

Comments

Popular Posts