In Between Coffee and Sleep

Two of my favorites: Coffee, and Sleep. But I don't like having coffee just to wake me up early mornings, head to work, and run on caffeine the whole time. Because, when that caffeine works, I'll be palpitating, and shaking, and too high, and because by the time that that caffeine runs out, then I'd struggle to get by the toughest part of the day.

What's between coffee and sleep for me? Work. That four-letter, one-syllable word, that's too easy to say, yet so difficult to do. No, I'm not saying that I abhor my job, I'm even happier here compared to my first job. What's too difficult is the schedule, the shifting, the no-room-for-mistakes part of it. The time spent at work is twice, or sometimes thrice, or even four times my sleeping hours. And now you'd have to picture that out! My health is on the line. No decent meals within the shift, no ideal sleep after, or even before the shift. It's difficult that way. Taking care of people, and really a lot of different ill people, and not being able to take care of yourself, or worse, your family. And that never fails to bug me up.

Coffee, as I always see, is happiness. Hot, iced, blended. Brewed or instant. The aroma always captivates me. And sleep? Oh, sleep. Nothing beats a ten-hour sleep, especially when you're overstressed from work, and then you get a massage, and just doze off to dreamland, and have your subconscious work. Aaaahhh! Nice! As the way I'm feeling now.


I admit. I'm supposed to not have coffee ever again. After about four months of withdrawal, and rehabilitation from coffee, here I am again. Back to my addiction. But this time, it's more on the need, not the want. And so, hello worse migraine attacks. tsk


Comments

Popular Posts