The Secret

http://solitude-and-happiness.blog.friendster.com/2009/07/awesome-power-of-the-mind

This is my last post (July 2009) in my solitude_and_happiness blog :)

After a year of not posting blogs anymore, here I am again. I’m actually not conditioned to write good stuffs, interesting ones, since I’ve been monotonous and bum for a month now.

Actually last March 2009, that was my most recent viewing of my blog here. Before that, I cannot remember anymore since I last posted here April of 2008. I was awed by the comments I got there, and today, I read those again. And I’ve realized how encouraging those simple words were. It is amazing how positive criticisms from people we do not even know can change our mood and uplift the way we see ourselves. And it reminds me of a book I have read just a week ago.

The book is called “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne. It was a book my father gave me last Christmas - a book I actually asked for. Six months after, I read it. It is no doubt a thought provoking book. Not that it is some kind of a mystery and you’ve got to find out who is who and that kind of stuff. It actually talks about how our thoughts and feelings can lead us to what we yearn for, what we want to acquire in our lives. It talks about how we should set our minds and our emotions optimistically in order to attract the things we want for ourselves. The Law of Attraction: Like attracts like. It says there that our minds are like magnets - the more we think of a certain thing, the more that thing gets attracted to us. And the Universe would then act upon it, so that all the events, people, circumstances would jive for us to finally acquire that certain thing we want so badly. It talks about the 3 steps we constantly hear, but we never intend to listen and grasp its depth. Ask - Believe - Receive. And we do not just say, “I want a car” and just believe that we will get that. We have to feel, act as if, make pretend we already have that car, that we have already received what we have asked for, feel blessed, and joyful that we already have the thing we wanted so much. And then, the Universe would act upon it for us to receive.

I have not actually tried putting into action, or into thought what I have just read, but the book actually has a very good point. Especially how the contributors to that book laid down their experiences with The Secret, and how they have actually received what they have put their minds into. It leads me again to how the human mind awes me: how one simple thought can go on and on, even to the extent of it attracting the Universe to itself.

Comments

  1. super true hush :) i believe bia gyud ana. hmmm... the book reminds me of Paolo Coehlo's The Alchemist. :) "When you really want something to happen, the whole universe conspires to make your wish come true."-PC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree hush. Just think of it all in a positive way :) And all else follows :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts