Perks and Nostalgia

"When all one requires is that perfect song on that perfect drive to feel infinite."


After giving The Perks of Being a Wallflower a second chance, I got myself trying the hardest not to drown in its beautiful whirlpool. What went wrong the first time was that I was reading the book with how I read The Wimpy Kid, and I guess you get the picture of me just reading with the mind, and not with the heart.

I'm, yet again, drawn to how amazing life was, or is. Nostalgic, I pause from time to time, and "filter". Oh, yes, I miss High School, and our "huge dilemmas" and sleepless nights. It's nice reminiscing through them all. And I miss the friends I laugh and cry and fight and make-up with. I miss my Homies. I miss everything there was. And reading has got me rekindling the fire.

And life goes on. I'd always be happy I've met them. And that no matter the distance, I still have them.

Yes, I have to get my paperback copy of The Perks of Being a Wallflower (I hope the second hand bookshop calls soon :)), and watch the movie. BTW, Thanks to Jian for the ebook!

Have a blessed and blissful Sunday, everyone! :)

Comments

  1. Maypa ka kabasa na, ako tawn! :-D Walang anuman Rein. Always! Muah!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts