Riding and Racing

The positive thing about being displaced in another workplace? The long bus ride. It takes prolly 20 to 30 minutes from our place to work and I ride mostly 4 times a day as I'm going home during my long break time of 3 hours and 30 minutes. Fortunately, I don't need to transfer trains and buses with this new route.


If you actually think about it, it gets frustratingly draining. But I have my ways. I read. Not advisable with my Astigmatism and Migraine and frequent motion sickness, but what better there is to do?

So after a couple of weeks of bus riding solo, I finished The Art of Racing in the Rain. Oh yes, Enzo is amazingly adorable. And he speaks like a little kid who has a brain of a wise old man who's been through life's crazy ups and downs. The story is almost depressing that it would've driven me mad if I weren't in control of my emotions, and if it wasn't for the admirable and funny punches of lines and gestures. Well yes, I got hooked and I had my smiling moments. It is amazing how a canine buddy can get you through the darkest moments of your life, a friend who would push you through your limits, someone who won't give up on you, even when you've given up on yourself.


I've got this book from a second hand bookshop and I wonder what history it has. And what the then owner was thinking and was going through while reading this. Hmmm...

And then a suited quote I got from Instagram, Liz Uy's. 


Now, I promise myself to buy more second hand books, no matter the dog ears and creases. It makes reading more interesting. 

Happy Wednesday!

Comments

Popular Posts