Richfel's 19th Year (And how singing dislikes me)

It was my little sister's birthday (who's not so little after all) yesterday, March 6th. Our baby just turned 19. We had a little celebration with the whole family at home, except that Pa was not able to come home (he'll be coming home next month hopefully :)), and my brother's children were not there (and might never be with us ever again). Ma cooked for us: lasagna and baked macaroni, baby back ribs and hamonada, and somekind of chopsuey without meat for the vegan people here at home. We made blueberry cheesecake, too :) And had Red Ribbon's Chocolate Heaven once again.

It is one of those times that makes me realize once again how good it feels to be with the people who will always love you no matter what. We actually had a fight, Richfel (our youngest, and also the birthday celebrant) and I, two days before her day, and I know we both were in pain. But she gave me icecream as a peace offering the following day, so we did not have the silent treatment anymore, though we did not yet have the chance to talk about it frankly and freely. I would have to set a date for that, probably this week.

Since it is Richfel's day, we can't not have the karaoke part. They all have great voices, my father, my mother, and my siblings, and even my nieces. I'm actually the only one who doesn't have that talent in our family. Since I was a kid, I loved to sing, unfortunately, singing never liked me. But that does not stop me from singing during these kind of occasions. I actually enjoy singing, even if I get all the teases and the laughs. As my cousin says, you just have to feel the song, then it would not matter how out-of-tune you are. ha ha ha I hope it works that way. But it doesn't. Oh well. So what? It didn't rain while I sung, no calamities were brought about by my singing, (at least, none that I've known of), and our house was not thrown with stones or rocks or tomatoes. :D

I had a great time. I'm actually very blessed to have a great family. No matter the problems we have, the distance that makes us too worried about each other, and the difficult paths that we're taking, we know, we'll always have a place to call home, and we know that we will always be bonded with the love that we have known of since we were in my mother's womb. We are not a perfect family, but in this imperfection, we find all the goodness and love. Cheers to that :)

CHOCOLATE HEAVEN.
I dont know where the photo of her blowing the candles on the blueberry cheesecake is. Cant find it. grrr!!
And that's Alexandra, my niece, on the background. All ready to attack the cake. :p

Comments

Popular Posts