Shadows No More

Third week came, and went by a little too fast that it just sunk in to me that it's gone now. As an orientee, the third week meant 'own patient load'. So instead of being shadows that are very seldom noticed and appreciated, we are now by ourselves.

Okay, I was a tiny bit exaggerating.

We still need our preceptors to guide us and answer our neverending queries on how to go about certain procedures and standards practiced in the hospital, but it's all hands-on now. Less supervision, thus critical thinking is highly useful. And time management of course.

It went by swiftly, and I definitely learned a lot. Experience is really the best teacher. But, there's no room for error here, we're dealing with lives.

And so I pray, my God, that you would always be with me to guide me all the way.

Comments

Popular Posts