Man-made Awesomeness

The Dubai Mall :)

This is the mall I was talking about in my last post, A Reroute for the Mood. I felt pretty awed with the place and all that's in there. And hooray for leisure and spontaneity!

What caught my attention first was this humongous aquarium right inside the mall. I was seeing all blue at first, and because I've got this talent (or disability) of selective sight (and probably all of the senses, too), I was not able to see what's in there. And with the blink of my eyes, I saw all those lovely sea creatures. And there are even people diving and feeding the fishes. And and, there are sharks in there! Okay, so they were still small sharks, but still!

Oh I would love to one day try their aquarium packages. I wanna experience the underwater zoo, boating, fish-feeding, and all those other adventures. I've got one problem though -- I don't know how to swim. ha ha ha But oh well, that can be helped, I hope :D


After being amazed by the amazing scene, we just had to feed our appetite. I have blogged about Mrs. Vanellis so let me just go ahead with my strolling (and writing) around the mall.

Another scene that amazed me, the fountain. It's like waterfalls with people (statues of some sort) diving! Uh-maze-zzzing!


Barbie! Yes, my favorite color is pink, and yes, I do still love Barbie. And if one day, *fantasizing*, I would have all the money with nothing else to spend on, I am definitely going to collect those dolls :) 

After the little kid in me, let's go to the geek in me. Oh, how I love being surrounded by books. In fact, I might as well find a part time job as a librarian of some sort. (That idea just came out of nowhere, but it's a pretty nice enlightenment. Wow to the power of thinking!)


We pretty much spent half an hour here, scanning through genres and titles and just about any books. And I'd blog about a pretty little booklet I've read from the back to the front (I don't know why I did it that way) some other time.



Look at all those books! Oh, I could definitely just stay there forever.

And then some more strolling, and window (literally window) shopping through those boutiques of Signature clothes and shoes and bags and watches and yada yada yada which I could only just dream about.


And since it was getting late, and we were commuting our way back home, we had to get going. And at the metro station, here's a pretty pretty sight of the world's tallest structure. Burj Khalifa.


A happy way to end a not-at-all-good day at work. A happy place to be at. Amazing what the mind can bring about.

Comments

Popular Posts