Midnight Blues

The day at work has not been busy at all. I'm doing well, and I'm not hating my job, even though there are people who are pissing me off, every minute of every day.

It's midnight. Here I am, trying to shutdown the brain that's been thinking too much, to the point of leaving me staring in oblivion. I don't know what it's thinking about, but it sure has left me blank. Snapping back to the present has been hard, someone has to shake me up a bit before I realize I zoned out.

And then my day ended unexpectedly. Well, it has not been perfect in the first place, but I was hoping things can be undone. But things were unwell. For no apparent reason. Just because.

So here I am, lulling myself with the tears free flowing; with thoughts that are breaking me into jagged pieces, when every day they are supposed to make me stronger and bind me whole. My senses have been heightened at this unkind hour; still, there's nothing but the sound of silence, the eyes of darkness staring back at me, and the touch of coldness. And the grasp of nothingness is making me realize: Yes, I'm alone in this.

I'm alone. And I will cry my heart out. I will let all these heartbreaking thoughts break me more, and consume all of me.

And when I wake up, I shall smile again. Whether that smile be genuine or just to mask my inner doom, I will smile again.

But tonight, I'm alone. And I'm lonely. And I need that embrace.

Comments

Popular Posts