It's Been Two Months

Today marks the 60th day of me being away from the world I've opened my eyes to, from the family I've learned my values from, from the home I've always found comfort in, and basically from everything that I've always known.

I was not really ultimately decided about leaving. Well I am not good in making decisions at all, that's for sure. But just in the nick of time, when I was about to let depression swallow me whole, there was a lit path to a dream that could possibly become a reality. A door opened, and I took it. Just because I was burning in my inner hell. Now, I'm contemplating; and I know it did become my hope - when all else seemed so dim and all-consuming, it became my escape.

And then two months after fleeing, I still do not know if that decision was the best decision I could've made during those times of impossibility. But then I should have to make it worth the sacrifices, should I not?

So here I am, trying to get by every day of being away. Trying to live. And laugh. And love.

And every day, I am terribly missing home.

Comments

Popular Posts