A Melting Pot Not Melting Together

So I am in the middle east. And it definitely is a melting pot here. Different colors, different languages, different cultures all in one place. And instead of blending together, cultures are staying as distinct as they could be, like a salad mix of ingredients that just do not and can never complement each other.

That's how I see it at work. While almost everyone works hand in hand, there are those who just can't understand what working as a team means. And yes, they are from the same country.

I know it's wrong to stereotype. But oh come on, why do they need to act so superior, as though they know everything, when they actually do not? Why do they try to take down others when they can just try to do their part. And why do they keep on passing unto others their responsibilities?

And while I can be totally angry at work about it, and bring it home and still abhor every bit of almost each of them, I cannot do anything to change them. And it just s*cks.

I just cannot work with them harmoniously. I just cannot. Blah.

I'm sorry for myself because I have stopped writing. And I'm even sorrier for the readers. I know I'm not making sense to you. I'll fill you in the soonest. 

Comments

Popular Posts