Al Ain Ahhh-maze-zing!

The day after my birthday, I got my restday. And if you have read my post about my celebration here, this was the place unknown to me that I was talking about.

After roughly two hours of sleep, we were off to a long ride to Al Ain, a city of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. And if you read my latest post, that photo of a winding road was the path we took up the mountains of Jebel Hafeet.

And this was what was in store for us. Ahhhh-maze-zing!


It was a little too foggy, so the view was kind of a blur. But it was still splendid! If it wasn't for the ubercool air, I could've stayed there longer.

But I was not that dressed right for the temperature up there. Even with two layers of longsleeved top, scarf and gloves, the cold wind was able to penetrate through. I could not help but shiver and my knees wobble. And did I say I was literally munching sand? Yeah, it was crunchy! :)) I guess it was wrong for us to be up there just when winter has taken over the desert's heat. But that definitely didn't stop us from posing for the cam.

It was unbearably cold. We had no choice but to shorten our stay up the mountains. So we drove down and found our way to the foothills of Jebel Hafeet. We were looking for a hot spring, and there it was, a park or a resort called Green Mubazarrah. There were villas for rent there and families were having picnics just outside the villas.

 And so the hot spring, or a lake of some sort flowing from the spring.

I was already impossibly sleepy and hungry that my head was about to explode and I was too groggy. But that day did not end there. I'll have another post for the next stop :)
BTW, Al Ain is arabic for 'the spring'. And I also learned the arabic words for directions since we got lost too many times :)) Yassar for left, Yameen for right, and Ceeda for straight. Or something that sounds like that :))

Comments

Popular Posts