Now, Open those Red Eyes




It's my first birthday spent in a kingdom far far away, and a birthday that I've been not wanting to come. But it came anyway, fast. It was not even the day yet and my sister was already sending the love, my mother was sending me SMSes on what's she going to cook and all that, and my heart melted and I could not stop the tears from falling. I miss them so much.

I did not want anyone knowing it was my special day, but then it turned out I did not want to waste a celebration. I'm trying my bestest best to see the good in everything, so let's shift altogether.

That night when my heart was crying with sadness on how I couldn't be home and just have a blast as I have every year, we just went straight home and had a quick dinner. And then, surprise! I got a birthday cake (because it's officially my birthday at GMT +8 :))! I did not get to blow the candles though because the little girl who was dying to surprise me placed 4 candles especially for herself! Wise Angel! ;)


On the very day, there was work, and work was all I had. But thanks to workmates who haven't seen yet and who wanted to watch Breaking Dawn again for going with us. At least it felt like friends were surrounding me. And without them knowing it was my day, I treated them for some munchies for the movie. The movie was nice since I trained myself not to expect much from it. And it was so hanging, just when those red eyes were opened. Now, I wanna re-read the and re-watch the whole series. (I'll do that before the last movie comes :))

And the day ended with almost noone knowing. And we went home to an already Christmas-decorated house plus some soothing scent, and it's heartwarming. And it's not my day anymore.


So I freshened up and went to bed. It was passed midnight already and we were to get up before 5 in the morning. I was there, lying on bed. And even if all of me was beyond exhausted, thoughts were rushing into my already full brain and they kept on bugging me until I was too tired to think about them, or even just listen to them. And so I was there, lying still for more than an hour, surrendering to the power of the mind, too tired but still not taken by sleep.

In two hours, when I was just about to enter dreamland, I had to wake up. I rushly showered, got dressed. We were off somewhere far and I don't have any idea where to and what's in store for us and I'll blog about that separately.

So that was how my 23rd birthday was spent. With different friends, with a different family. And I'm forever blessed.

So I shall open these eyes, red from all the crying. But I'll open them anyway. To see the world. In a different point of view.

Comments

Popular Posts