Dreaming of A White Christmas

23 December 2011 - Ski Dubai, Mall of the Emirates



Ski Dubai is an indoor, mountain-themed snowpark, with a controlled temperature and well-maintained slopes for skiing, snowboarding, and tobogganing, and what-not.

We spent AED 200 each for the Super Pass which gave us unlimited time and access of the snowpark and cavern and the breathtaking, headspinning mountain thrillers, and the chairlift ride where you can see the whole ski slope. And BTW, they offer skiing and snowboarding lessons also :)
  





Getting dressed up. If you want to survive such temperature, well you gotta suit up. So after having the tickets, we were to get our sizes for the gloves, suits, and the snow shoes! 



Helmets are provided for kids. Take note, snowcaps are not included in the package so you got to be prepared! We just rushly bought our snowcaps from H&M.




Winter. Three degrees celcius below freezing point. Snow-covered pines, snowball fights, Snowman, snow shoveling, skiing, snowboarding, and all things snow. I am not exactly dreaming of a white Christmas. I just had a couple of hours or so of experience inside a humongous freezer. :D



Mountain climbing :))

Snow angels.

Snow sleds.

Tobogganing.

Observation Tower.


We were not able to take photos of our adrenaline-junky moments because we were scared that our phones and cameras won't survive there. Fail. Anyway, we had tons of fun! Imagine, snow in the deserts! :)) I love the experience! Even if I got an aching body and an even more aching head after. I also got pouty lips the day after. Yes, I was freezing, I could not feel my fingers and my toes anymore. I sure am not made for the winter season, but I might just choose winter over 45 degrees celcius during summer.

Now, who's dreaming of a white Christmas? Not me. All I'm dreaming of is being with my family especially this holiday season.

Happy Christmas, everyone! Ho Ho Ho Ho!

Comments

Popular Posts