Cooking Quest

I seriously do not know how to cook. My mother can make a sumptuous meal with about anything in just a few minutes, and no matter how many times she tries to teach me her skills, I was too dependent on her that I was never willing to learn anything heartily.

Since I got to another land, I had no choice but to learn. So here I am. And here are some firsts.

Pork chops and Pineapple


This was supposed to be some kind of hamonada. I called the mother to ask what ingredients I needed and how to go about it. But I didn't have the correct pork part, and was too tired to fetch other ingredients, so I made use of what's on stock, and tada! Pretty good for a first try.


 Spicy Tuna Carbonara


My first white sauce on my own, ever. I have always loved my mother's  bacon and mushroom carbonara. I've helped her prepare it too many times but haven't really digested the steps. But hey, I made it pretty well. Creamy and yummy! :) 

Spaghetti Pasta topped with Bacon and Mushrooms


I had some leftover pasta from my last real spaghetti. (I've tried cooking spaghetti countless of times now, but haven't perfected it :( Nothing beats mom's spag). In search of a heavy brunch, I had some garlic in butter, dropped bacon and mushrooms in the pan, salt, pepper, added a little bit of cream cheese. When it's all good, I topped these over the leftover pasta, sliced some cheddar and microwaved for about a minute. Too fatty and unhealthy, but oh so good for brunch!

Baked Serpentini


It's my rest day and I just wanted to try a new dish, something out of the usual. Since it's the last week of the month, the fridge is on the brink of hunger so I had to make do with what's available. Sauteed garlic in butter, dropped the last bit of ground beef. Realized I didn't want red sauce so I added mushrooms. Salt. Pepper. Added a tablespoon of cream cheese and cheezwhiz. It's my first time to use serpentini rigate pasta - al dente in 8 minutes, added some butter after draining. I topped with the beef and mushrooms, grated cheddar, microwaved to melt the cheese, and it was so good! I never thought I could make experiments and sauce-less pasta dishes so good. 

I'm a kitchen novice. And I have so little time to prepare and cook a worthy meal; but I've pretty much realized the importance of being able to cook for yourself. So there you have it. :) Now what shall I cook for dinner? 

Comments

Popular Posts