Another Themed Mall

For my almost obsession of pretty chandeliers and lights and ceilings... 


And for my thirst for long drives to a place I've never been to...


Ibn Battuta. Yes, the splendid travels and adventures that was his alone - told in stories (tales I heard when we were at the mall, and skimmed through just now), well plotted in this historic place. It's a huge single storey mall divided into courts (countries) and appropriately themed and designed to bring you to that moment in time.

And have I told you there are only two Catholic churches here in Dubai? St. Mary's is at the heart of Dubai, and St. Francis (if I remembered right) is in Jebel Ali, which is probably almost an hour drive or train ride away, and which is also where the Ibn Battuta Mall is situated :) 

"Traveling - it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller."

Comments

Popular Posts