Apple for the Teacher

On watching the Bad Teacher starred by Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake, and Jason Segel...


It was yet another bum day for me. So after trips from a hospital to another to visit dear ones, and after errands by the sister who doesn't seem to have the 24 hours of the day enough for her manager and parent responsibilities, I had the time to hang-out with the very thin line between comfort and discomfort, and watch a movie.

And it didn't fail me. 

Cameron Diaz's role was incredibly hilarious and she was too good with it! 

And I never understood what the tradition of giving an apple to the teacher means. Apparently it has a lot of different symbolizations - from the Tree of Knowledge back to Adam and Eve's story, to the alphabet (like A is for apple, B is for ball, ...), to the thought of early kissing up in hopes of gaining favors, leading to the terms apple polishing, brown-nosing, boot-licking, and even worse nicks. Oh whatever.

I don't know if it was because of the too many thoughts in my head, or too much emotions in my heart, but I was definitely laughing the whole time. Overall, the movie did me good, diverting me for an hour and a half there. Thank you!

Comments

Popular Posts