Last Friday Night

Yes, it's the weekend here in Dubai. I went out for some malling at the Burjuman Mall and the Mall of the Emirates. But this post is not intended for that.

I'm talking about last Friday night. The night that I said goodbye to my dearest friends back home. My Homie, the ICF, and my closest friends from work (we have a group in Facebook called the Shifters, but I do not know if that's what we really call ourselves now :))

That Friday night, we had a sumptuous meal at the Margarita Family Cuisine. It is located at the topmost level of the Robinland building at the reclamation area. With the live band and the breathtaking city view, the meal was definitely enjoyable. The food was above satisfactory and the waiters were definitely very keen in attending to our needs - they were really 'waiting' on us.






After some photoshoots and when the rest of them got to the place, we then headed to MO2. It's a perfect spot for a Friday night. With some cocktails and a lot of chats, the night was perfect. We weren't feeling party-ish that night; in fact, I was feeling really ambivalent about the night and the days to come. So let's just say that I really just wanted to spend time with the people that I will surely miss.







Some time passed midnight, most of us needed to get home. Princess, Mariel and I decided to talk and spend some more time together so we headed to McDonald's and tried out their hot choco fudge and hot caramel duo sundae. With the large fries and the sensible talks, it was almost perfect; if not for the too emo love songs played.


The night was definitely a night to remember. I would not be able to have many nights like that for a while.

Leaving is undoubtedly a hard thing. Getting out of your comfort zone, saying goodbye to the friends who you could count on anytime, it's heartbreaking. But knowing that you have the memories to keep, and that things would remain the same even with the distance, until you'll be together again, that is promising. So I'm going to hold on to what we had, and keep on believing on the friendship that we built.

I love you, my friends. And I thank you for keeping me sane. Until we see each other again. Keep in touch.

Comments

Popular Posts