Cliche

But I believe in it.

Minimizing reading and watching movies and facing the computer - a little hard. But when you get the perfect reason to be lost in a book, that usually puts a smile on my face (before I get the headache though). Yesterday, as I was waiting for my mother to have lunch with me after my exit interview, I spent my time in Ayala's Lounge. And thanks to my A-Card which makes me stay there for a while, for free. 

Good couch, good lighting, a good book, and an hour to wait: Perfect excuse to finish Nicholas Sparks' Nights in Rodanthe. I have already watched the movie before I saw this book in my sister's place. And I'm still happy to have borrowed it, and know the story one more time.

You might have read or heard this but I'd still like to share this with you: 

 "I took things one day at a time. Isn't that what they tell you to do? I know it sounds trite, but I used to wake up in the morning and tell myself that I only had to be strong for one day. Just one day. I did that over and over."

Isn't that what we always try to do? 
I hope it works for you too. 

And then a conversation I feel with:

Adrienne: You're stronger than you think you are, but only if you want to be.
Amanda: It's not that easy.
Adrienne: Of course it isn't, but you have to understand that I'm not talking about your emotions. Those you can't control. You're still going to cry, you're still going to have moments when you don't feel you can go on. But you have to act as if you can. At a time like this, actions are just about the only things you can control. 

I guess we really can't control how we feel.
But we can control what we do about it. 

We may always hear these, from our friends who care, or we could even be the ones to tell them about it. The idea may have been lost because we're too familiar with those words. But hey, it gives me hope. And I am hoping it gives you hope too.


Comments

Popular Posts