Nostalgia? Not.

I woke up from a 14-hour sleep to a whole new Thursday morning - And a new path to take at that. I went to the office early in the morning, like 7:00 a.m. early. I waited for a couple of hours to have my exit interview, and with the help of my sister, I got it all scheduled, and got done with it. It was actually a very brief interview; it took less than 10 minutes for me to explain my reason and all else. And so, I am officially unemployed as of today 25th of February, 2010. I am finished with my very first job.

To my workmates, I thank you very much for making me feel all alright at work, no matter how our CSATs and Schedule Adherences went. Thank you for making it worth the while, for the friendship, the chikas, the help with those crazy calls, thank you, thank you.

And I am going to miss my job. Not that much with the calls that we take, but more on the people I work with, and the environment that we are in.

So after my interview and after saying goodbye to some people in the office (there were only a few to say goodbye to in the morning shift because I am more bonded with the graveyard shift people), I took a stroll all alone with the 10 morning heat in a place that’s too familiar to me – Asiatown IT Park. It’s not like I’m not going back there anymore, it’s just that I’m not going to be there everyday anymore. There are a lot of things to miss in a place too convenient, especially when we talk about food and chilling. And I would definitely miss looking for the perfect food chain that would satisfy us for lunch at 2 after midnight. Sweet memories they would be.

I'm going to miss all those. I am sure I made the right decision, for my health, and my career. But now I'm going to start all over again. With no pebbles marked on the road for me to notice and take. But to make my own path, with nothing but faith and hope.

Comments

Popular Posts